1751Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Charles Grant

  • zicomo26
    Feb 10, 2013

      >Hello Roger
      I am a descendant of Louisa Palmer Grant and can give you a brief resume of her descendants if you are still interested. I'm afraid I know nothing of her past. Thank you for giving me the names of her parents, it was one of my 'brick walls'
      Regards
      Yvonne ________________________________

      > Roger Sunderland wrote:
      > I am currently researching my family tree which includes my Gt,Gt Grandfather Charles Grant born Winchester c1806 and in particular his sixth born William Grant Born c1852 on St Helena.
      > The questions i am searching for are the reasons for there move from Winchester Hants and any background to there time there other siblings according to census reports are
      > 1. Caroline,2. Benjamine 3.Sarah F,4. Henry, 5.Louisa 6.Wiliam, 7.John, 8.Alfred
      >
      > I have one small mention of Louisa Palmer Grant, who may be #5. Louisa [above]. I have no information on William. Hope this is of help.
      >
      > Louisa Palmer GRANT md. Richard Augustus LEGG on 18 June 1895 at St. Matthew¢s Church, St. Helena.
      > At the time of her marriage to Richard LEGG, Louisa was listed as a 25 year old spinster, living at the Briars, St. Helena. The witnesses to the marriage were Charles E. S. GRANT and Suzette STROUD.
      >
      > St. Helena, Registrar General's Office, Civil Registration 1852-1936
      > Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1981.
      > FHL/LDS Film #1259105
      > Record #1489
      >

      > She d. 9 December 1935, at Alarm House. She is buried St. Paul¢s East Baptist Cemetery/Knollcombs .Her gravestone inscription is recorded as: In loving memory of Louisa Palma LEGG, wife of R. A. LEGG, Alarm House, who departed this life on 9th Dec 1935 aged 64 years.
      > The civil death registration gives her age as 66 years.
      > The informant at her death was Arthur JOSHUA, of Half Tree Hollow.
      >
      > St. Helena. Registrar General¢s Office, Civil Registration Deaths 1857-1936.
      > FHL/LDS  Film #1259106.
      >
      > Gravestones and Memorials on St. Helena 1686-1975
      > Comp. by the 5th and 6th year pupils of the Secondary Selective Schoo
      > FHL/LDS Film #1259106

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic