1673Re: Bagley of St Helena

  • Alison
    Jan 7, 2013
      Glynis,
      Lovely to hear from you! Sounds like our gggrandfathers may well be related? Yes, please keep me posted on what you find. Would also love to know where they were before St Helena, and how my gggrandfather ended up in Australia. I think he was described as a 'mining engineer '. No idea if he got that training on the island or elsewhere..
      Thanks again,
      Alison

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "j.glynnis" wrote:

      > Hi Alison
      > My gg grandfather was also Thomas Bagley, his son John Allan Bagley was my great grandfather and my grandmother was Lucy Bagley.
      >
      > We, my sister and myself, are in the process of verifying various records and I will let you know what I find. We are based in South Africa.
      >
      > Thomas Bagley was born around 1830 on St Helena and was married to Ruth Yon.
      >
      > I have also joined the forum and am waiting for confirmation, so will keep the forum posted.
      >
      > Kind regards
      > Glynnis
      >

      > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Alison" wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Marian,
      > > I don't know where the LDS centres are here, I'll try to follow this through.
      > > Thanks again,
      > > Alison
      > > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Marian Press wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Alison: I, too, have Bagleys in my Greentree/Skottowe line. If you live near an LDS Family History Centre you can order in some of the microfilms that deal with the island. The one below, for instance, is full of Bagleys.
      > > >
      > > > St. Helena baptisms, marriages, and burials, 1767-1835. 498605 and 498603 Item 2 (Index)
      > > >
      > > > Marian Press
      > > > Researching Greentree and Skottowe on St. Helena.

    • Show all 38 messages in this topic