1668Re: Pollard

  • beakhust
    Jan 7, 2013
      Excuse me if I've replied before (I am away from home and my main computer). I am descended from Amelia Bertha pollard and marriage cert does say widow.
      I am interested in your tracking down of the father. I have had less success. Particularly his birth.

      Dave beakhust.

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Colton" wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am researching my family history and have discovered that some of my ancestors were born or married on Saint Helena.
      >
      > Thomas Pollard married Mary Houndsworth on 28th December 1824. They had 4 daughters, all born on St. Helena:
      >
      > Elizabeth Pollard b.25/05/1821, baptised 01/03/1827
      >
      > Amelia Bertha Pollard b. 24/10/1824, baptised 05/05/1825
      >
      > Mary Ann Pollard b. 12/01/1827, baptised 01/03/1827
      >
      > Betsy Pollard b. 10/03/1830, baptised 01/04/1830
      >
      > Thomas Pollard was born in London, UK, in c.1896, the English censuses of 1841, 1861, 1871 had his occupation as a shoemaker, the 1871 census also recorded him as being deaf. I gather from information taken from The Indian Family History website that he may have been employed by the East India Company.
      > I do not know anything else about Mary Houndsworth other than what I gleaned from the Indian website i.e. her marriage details Other details are that Amelia Pollard was married to a man whose surname was Foneak, whom I have been unable to find any record of on the internet. She was probably widowed when marrying my Great-great-grandfather Henry Cleghorn on 24/12/1849 in Clapham, London.
      >
      > I would be very grateful if your group could offer any information about the people name above,
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Tom Colton
      >
      > Bristol, UK

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic