1640Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Researching on old travel documents

  • mandy tottoh
    Dec 9, 2012
      Hi,  my mother's passport, issued in 1955, is in black and white, Government of St Helena.

      From: albana04 <albana04@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2012 1:43 PM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Researching on old travel documents

      Hello everyone

      I am currently doing some research on the old historical documents that have been issued in Saint Helena for the purpose of international travel.

      I am interested to learn about what was issued up until the 1980s. Can anyone tell me if these were black British style passports and did they have "Government of Saint Helena" or "Colony of Saint Helena" written on the front cover?

      Thank you,
      Dr. Sean Turner

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic