1588Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: St. Helena Seale Family History Page - I found my Ancestors - thanks

  • Nancy
    Oct 29, 2012
      I read Lara's note about finding books about St Helena history.  There are books, fully readable on Google Books.

      ECS

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 28, 2012, at 12:40 AM, "Lara" <mulawka@global.t-bird.edu> wrote:

      I just wanted to give a huge thank you to Alexander for mentioning the Seale Family History page

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rpeld/page30/page30.html

      I found this Web site while doing an internet search before you mentioned it. I even emailed the author and researcher Carolyn Colleen Eldredge and she responded to me. The funny thing is I did not go through all of the names manually. I just did a search on my great great grandfather's name and it did not turn up. Also, I had an incorrect birth year for him. I thought he was born later than he was. Today I received my great great grandfather's wedding certificate in the mail from England. This certificate has his father's name on it as well as his profession so I started to manually go through all of the names on the list and do an internet search. It turns out his father was Robert Francis Seale born in 1791. Unfortunately, Robert Francis did not have a happy end to his life. Luckily, his son Hamelin Trelawney Seale faired better.

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rpeld/page48/page48.html

      Now I really want to find the book "St. Helena 1502-1938" by Phillip Gosse published London 1938. I find the history of St. Helena to be extremely fascinating. I am glad that more of St. Helena's history is being digitized.

      Hope everyone is well.

      Lara

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic