1587Cooper/Watson

  • cheryl gerber
    Oct 29, 2012
      Hello all Saints
      I am researching my grandfather Walter lester Cooper born 1902 on the Island. He was the son of George Cooper (born 1841 on the Island and married Emma Reynalds in 1886) Walter`s grandfather was also George Cooper born in 1823 and married Sarah Mitilda Watson, daughter of Henry and Eleanor Watson.
      My problem is that I cannot find any record as to whether the coopers` were originally from the UK. I am needing my grandfathers birth certificate and not sure where to start. I would also like to have as much info as possible on the Cooper family on the Island. Why was Emma on the island?, how did she get there,? was she a saint or a child to a british soldier posted on the island.
      My grandfather was in the merchant navy and settled in Cape Town. There were 8 children as far as I know.
      If anyone can help with info or guide me in the right direction, I would be very thankful.

      Cheryl Gerber
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic