      From: artoriousellis <artoriousellis@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 4:22 AM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Family name: Fagan

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

      > Dear Member
      > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
      >
      > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
      >
      > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
      >
      > Thank you in anticipation.
      >
      > Alan
      >
      > Alan Hale

      Hi Alan,
      What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I am also related to the same family through Edward Joseph Fagan (brother to Emily Louisa),he was my ggrandfather.He married Eva Edith Yon_Wallace & moved to Durban South Africa in 1920.The family is quite large & spread out.I & my family live in Australia.I would love to travel to St Helena as the other side of my family "Ellis,also came from the Island & settled in Pietermaritzburg.I have done quite a bit of research & have a lot of info if you are interested.Please let me know if you are.
      Regards
      Rob Ellis

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic