1561Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Military births on St Helena

  • DavSpread@aol.com
    Oct 3, 2012
      Hi Ed,
      Thanks for the heads-up.
      David.

      In a message dated 02/10/2012 22:40:46 GMT Daylight Time, nancyjstorey@... writes:

      I have been searching for evidence of the families of officers going to the island. I can't find any newspapers from the 1850 timeframe.

      There is, however, a periodical named Coburn's United Service
      Magazine. It is available online: go to worldcat & then to Hathi Trust for access. There are lots of copies about 1830 to 1890. Each one has 4 months bound together.

      They have BMD information of both HEIC & royal army officers. I noticed some occurances from St. Helena. There is search capability. It is probably not complete, but it is all I have found.

      Ed Storey

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic