      From: Christine Adams <adamslab2@...>
      Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:25:34 -0400
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com<st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander Connor

      The India Office Family Search shows his birth record:
      http://indiafamily.bl.uk/ui/FullDisplay.aspx?RecordId=014-000053240
      I've been out of St Helena research for many years, so not sure how to interpret parent[s] listed as "Catherine, free"
      I don't know if the actual record would have any more information, or if they've transcribed it in its entirety.
      It's not much but might give you a clue.
      Christine

      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: margaretconnor695@...
      Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:19:44 +0000
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander Connor

      Researching Connor family and found my husbands great grandfather Alexander Connor b abt1831 came from St Helena, wife Mary Ann b abt 1828, some of the children state place of birth as St Helena or England
      children, Kathleen Susan b 1857 John Florence b1858 Robert Laing b 1862
      Mary Ann b1865 The family settled in South Africa, can pick them up on the 1882 voters list
      I would be gratefull for any additional info or advice as to where I might find additional info

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic