1528re: Ellick/Alexander/Ellicksander

  • Hils
    Jul 8, 2012
      Hi, I'm trying to find out a bit about my ancestors that were on St.Helena, they were James and Johanna Ellick, i have no idea what Johanna's name was before she married around 1817 in St.Helena, probably around 1815 maybe at St.James Church, Jamestown as their 3 children were christened there. I have a letter that a descendant of James Edward Ellick who lived at Half Tree Hollow, St.Helena, i wondered if there were any other descendants that live at Half Tree Hollow, that could give me any info on the family such as why my grt grandfather Patrick changed his name from Ellick to Ellicksander and then to Alexander, Patrick apprenticed to be a carpenter to Adam Hampton, before he came to England on the "Lady Flora", any info would be gratefully received, thanks