      Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 2:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Archives

      FYI, US census data is released after 72 years.

      On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM, LeonardM <lemeek@...> wrote:

      In case it isn't common knowlege, a good email address for geneological information is:

      I got some very good data on the Maggott/Magnett family from somewhere a while ago but I don't remember if it was this site or not. The lady that was doing the site apparently retired, as indicated by this:

      "Karen Henry has recently taken on the role as Archivist on the island. I've certainly found her to be very friendly and more than helpful. I would recommend you contact her on the following email address - archives@..."

      I've also found some very pertinent info on US Census reports going back to the late 1700's. After 76 years (I think) the census reports are made public and free to download.

      Carolyn C. Williams
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic