150Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Knipe Family of Saint Helena

  • barryperrins@yahoo.com
    Feb 24, 2005
      Dear Sharon,
      In 1689 on St Helena JOHN KNIPE complained that Bridgett Coales the woman he was engaged to, was messing around with a butcher from the ship Modena. She compared Knipe to " an old dog of her fathers". For this insult an breaking of a marrage contract Bridgett was fined �15 damages.
      In 1691 Bridgett married Matthew Bazett my Gt gt gt gt gt....Grandfather.
      I also have a record of a Mary Knipe marrying Thomas Bazett in 1769.
      I hope this has been of some hope to you.
      Best regards Barry.

      sharonmcdunnah <sharonmcdunnah@...> wrote:

      My GGG Grandfather Samuel Knipe came from the Island of Saint
      Helena. He was born abt 1780. His mother was Anna Penelope (Legg)
      Knipe. Don't know his father's name. He  had a sister Mary who
      married Joseph Henry Fisher 30 Mar 1835 in Capetown, So. Africa.
      Samuel came into Boston Harbor as a young man and never returned to
      Saint Helena.  Can anyone help  with more info?  Thanks in advance.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Get unlimited calls to

      Do you Yahoo!?