1484Hon. Thomas Edmund Fowler

  • kevinsykes1979
    Mar 14, 2012
      Hi

      I am trying to trace the family of the late Hon. Thomas Edmund Fowler (1823 - 1900), member of the Executive Council of St Helena in the late 1800's.

      Using the www.ancestry.co.uk website I have managed to trace Thomas Edmund Fowler's family as:

      Spouse:
      Margaret Maria Alexander (1822 - 1903)

      Children:
      Breame Weston Fowler 1850 - 1898
      Alexander Reckaby Fowler 1851 - 1879
      Myra Sarah Fowler 1852 - ?
      Thomas Walter Fowler 1854 - ?
      Martha Elizabeth Fowler 1857 - ?
      William Nathaniel (Scott) Fowler 1859 - ?
      Mary Johanna Fowler 1861 - 1943
      John Francis Fowler 1864 - 1905

      My maternal grandmother was Florence Mary Roach (nee Fowler) (1925 - 2011). Her father was Charles Edward Bolton Scott Fowler (born in 1891/92 in Paarl, Cape Town).

      I am in possession of a Testament/Will between William Nathaniel Scott Fowler and Anna Magdalena Fowler (Fourie) dated 07 November 1903 Stellenbosch, which was passed down to me from my grandmother. I am considering the fact that William Nathaniel (Scott) Fowler was the father of Charles Edward Bolton Scott Fowler due to the family name (Scott), however have no proof. This must mean that William Nathaniel (Scott) Fowler must have left St Helena at some point and moved to Cape Town.

      I am thus looking for the children of William Nathaniel (Scott) Fowler to verify my assumptions. I have seen mention of a William Thomas Edmund Fowler too in another post but am unable to connect him to the family.

      I am also in possession of a death notice from the St Helena Guardian dated July 1900 of the late Hon. Thomas Edmund Fowler passed to me by my late grandmother. I am thus trying to tie Thomas Edmund Fowler into my family but am lacking some information.

      I am more than willing to share the documentation that I have with you.

      Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Kevin Sykes
      (Born in Cape Town July 1979 - emigrated to UK December 2010)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic