      From: Linda <msulab@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:02
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Emigrants from St. Helena to Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard

      I read your email. I don't have information to offer, but I do have a question for you. I noticed that you were able to identify the ship and passenger information about one of your ancestors. How did you find this information? I am trying to find information about my St. Helena ancestors who left the island during the 1880's, but I have had no luck. It looks like they left St. Helena and went to England. I have tried many passenger lists but nothing has ever "popped out" for St. Helena. Do you have any suggestions??

      Linda Mehlinger
      (Hopkins and Hercules Families)

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Burton Derick <burtonderick37@...> wrote:
      > I am searching for ancestral and historical information on 2 individuals:
      > 1) Eveline/Evalina Redsdale/Redsteal arrived in Martha's Vineyard on the whaler "Niger" from St. Helena, ca. 1880.  She had 2 marriages here (1) Samuiel Peters, (2) Lewis H. Cook, both of whom were Aquinnah (Gay Head) Indians.   Her descendants are still extant.
      > 2) Henry Crowie - a gentleman of color, said he was born in St. Helena; he died in Dennis, Mass., 28 July 1938, aged about 65 years.  He married a local girl here, but had no children.
      > Any assistance on finding more about these two individuals would be appreciated.   We have a photo of Mr. Crowie and his wife that we are willing to share, as well as information on the descendants of Evalina.
      > Burton N. Derick
      > Librarian, Dennis Historical Society
      > bderick37@...

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic