1460Re: Storey, Charles Robert, Captain

  • debzadon
    Jan 3, 2012
      Ed, Just to add to the discussion.
      My relative - a British soldier - John William Barrington Browne (born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England 1800) - had a relationship with a local woman while stationed on St Helena Island. Her name was Anne Retta and they subsequently had an illegitimate (apparently) child: Anne Browne (b1833 St Helena Is). Anne Browne is my second great grandmother she was brought up by her uncle Sir Thomas Gore Browne.
      I would be very interested in any information you find helpful regarding British soldiers on St Helena. I haven't found any census info in the archives pertaining to St Helena as yet.

      Deborah R

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adele" <amclenn1@...> wrote:

      > I can tell you that my husband's gt grandmother was born on St Helena and her parents came from England. I wish there were more records - although a distant cousin did get birth records for her and her brother.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic