      From: Burton Derick <burtonderick37@...>
      To: "st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com" <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, 19 August, 2011 20:49:29
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Emigrants from St. Helena to Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard

      I am searching for ancestral and historical information on 2 individuals:

      1) Eveline/Evalina Redsdale/Redsteal arrived in Martha's Vineyard on the whaler "Niger" from St. Helena, ca. 1880.  She had 2 marriages here (1) Samuiel Peters, (2) Lewis H. Cook, both of whom were Aquinnah (Gay Head) Indians.   Her descendants are still extant.

      2) Henry Crowie - a gentleman of color, said he was born in St. Helena; he died in Dennis, Mass., 28 July 1938, aged about 65 years.  He married a local girl here, but had no children.

      Any assistance on finding more about these two individuals would be appreciated.   We have a photo of Mr. Crowie and his wife that we are willing to share, as well as information on the descendants of Evalina.

      Burton N. Derick
      Librarian, Dennis Historical Society
      bderick37@...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic