1383Geworge Family genealogy on St. Helena Island

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Aug 4 8:34 AM
      Hello everyone,
      I'm posting my family's genealogy information again, I am trying to find out information on two brothers who migrated to the US in the 1860-1875 timeframe, both brothers' settled in Rhode Island according to the US Federal Census records available on www.ancestry.tal records, ships' recordscom.  If anyone should know where I could write to on St. Helena for vital records to do more research or an LDS microfilm number that I could possibly view, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.

      Frederick Samuel George was born on September 29, 1854 on St. Helena Island.  He died May 13, 1919 in Providence, Rhode Island USA.  Frederick had a brother, named John C. George who was born August 1847 on St. Helena Island.  The brothers are on the 1880 US Federal Census.

      The parents of Frederick and John, were identified as Jacob and Catherine.  AS far as I can tell the parents did not come to America.

      Can anyone help?  Is anyone local to St. Helena on this list?

      Thank you in advance.