      From: Leonard Meek <lemeek@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 10 May, 2011 19:20:28
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ancestry.Com

      It should be remembered that LDS data is not always reliable. Much of the data is submitted by individuals, with no documentation. I found info on my ancestors that was in error. It had been submitted by my aunt, based on what she thought at the time to be correct. Later documentation proved to be contrary to some of her assumptions. It pays to check multiple sources.
      From: Linda <msulab@...>
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ancestry.Com
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 9:38 AM

      Greetings!

      Has anyone had any luck in finding ANY "St. Helena" type information on Ancestry.com? I had a trial subscription to their World website, but I could only find information on other British territories like the Channel Islands.

      Does anyone know if census data does exist for St. Helena during the 1840-1860's time frame?

      Linda
      Baltimore, Maryland USA

      LDS
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic