1317Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ethnic origins of freed slave born in St Helena

  • mandleberry
    Mar 29, 2011
      Dear Barry

      Thank you for your reply. My information came from the St James baptismal record 1630 - 1807: 8th August 1975: "Sophia, daughter to Capt Bazett's Susan, by a soldier".
      Information given to me by a relative is that Susan was enslaved to Captain Thomas Bazett. He and his wife Mary had a daughter, Sarah, who married a William Knipe. It seems that upon her marrige she may have taken Sophia with her, or Sophia mey have been left to her (Sarah) upon the death of Mary Bazett in 1805.
      This is all the information I have on the Bazetts. I hope it is useful to you, and would be fascinated to hear about the Bazetts from your point of view.
      Best wishes

      Amanda

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, barryperrins@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I am decended from the Bazetts of st Helena. I read your interesting email.
      > I have a lot of infomaton on the bazett family from thier beginings on the Island in 1684. I have no records of Bazetts on the island in the 1800's even though I know some to still lived there
      > . As such I've never heard of the Bazett you mention.
      > It would be great for me if you could let me know the source of your info or any more Bazett details.
      > Cheers,
      > Barry.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic