1311Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Catherine Clingen, William Ridge and Fanny Thomas

  • ajb500
    Mar 29, 2011
      Hi Frank,
      That's another interesting message. I look forward to receiving your Family Tree Maker chart. I must try to obtain a good book on the history of St. Helena so that I can learn more about life on the island in the first half of the nineteenth century.
      Regards,
      Andrew

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Frank Craig <frankfcraig@...> wrote:

      > Hi Andrew,
      >
      > Yes, I have dug into that area. Fanny was likely of Asian origin. The slaves on
      > the island were either African, Indian or from Madagascar ( a hotch-potch of
      > Africans, Asians and Indians, sailors and traders. I can say that she is likely
      > Indian/East Asian (and not African) as I had a DNA genealogy blood test done and
      > I was 85% European and 15% East Asian with 0% African.
      >
      > I have included all of this in the FamilyTreeMaker chart which I will print off
      > and post today.
      > Regards
      >

      > Frank F Craig
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic