13Baumann family and Napoleon

  • astrogirl200
    May 14, 2004
      Hi,

      I am researching my Baumann ancestors who accompanied Napoleon to St.
      Helena. I am told that some descendents of this family still live on
      the island. The family came from Alsace, France, and some moved with
      Napoleon to Kassel, Germany. I have been told that when Napoleon
      died, the Baumann family's dining room table was used to make his
      coffin. I have also heard that my relative, Penelope Bright Bond, or
      perhaps her mother, Elfie Baumann Bright, was in contact with some
      relatives on St. Helena. If anyone knows anything about members of
      this family on St. Helena, please contact me. I have much information
      to share about other branches of the family.

      Amanda Katz Jermyn
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic