1289Hawkins Family

  • Neil Taylor
    Mar 20, 2011
      Hello,

      My name is Neil Taylor and I am trying to research the following people: -

      Charles Alexander Hawkins - born 1847 - Oxfordshire
      Lydia Isabelle Hawkins nee Scott - born 1853- Rochester Kent
      Flora Hawkins - Ascension Island - 1878
      James Hawkins - Ascension Island - 1880

      Charles was a Royal Marine from the 1870's to 1890's on posted to Ascension Island between 1875 and 1880.  I can not find a marriage certificate for Charles and Lydia so I assume they married on the Island. I can tell from the English 1881 census that Flora and James where born on the Island. They also had another son Charles with them who was born in Scotland in 1875. I would like to know if all the above is correct, where can I find the certificates and/or records for the marriage and births?

      You help would be much appreciated.

      Kind Regards,

      Neil Taylor

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic