1261Re: Slaves and slave owners in 1827

  • judith.armstrong77
    Oct 20, 2010
      Hi
      I am desended from a slave family who left St H in the 1850s. I have a copy of a marriage certificate of 1823 showing the name of the owners plus a birth certificate for a baby girl from 1825. Of course she was born free. It was this daughter who came to Australia, living until 1900.

      I can be better contacted on jarmstrong@... if you want more details.

      Judith

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Isebelle Krauss <iekrauss@...> wrote:

      > Colin, May  contact you offline
      > We are busy with a recon. of all slaves for a combined database with  all
      > records avaialble,, found some mopre thawt we will digitize, but wouldlike nto
      > discuss your possible inut as well. Thankss. my official mail is
      > KraussIs@...
      >
      > Isebelle E.Krauss*Lloyd
      > 27 954 6666 h
      > 082 851 5648 mobile