      From: John Dady
      Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] 1827 Listing of Slaves

      Thank you Leonard, though there is no link (yet) from your Maggotts to mine.

      My maternal ggf was a  JOHN BENJAMIN MAGGOTT born on St Helena about 1868. He left the island and settled, with his family, in Cape Town about 1890. Interesting though that the name Benjamin occurs again.

      John

      On 27 July 2010 19:24, Leonard Meek <lemeek@...> wrote:

      Hi, I'm not Colin, but I did find some data on the Maggott family some time ago. They were slaves of the East India Co. Benjamin married Margaret James in Dec. 1810. Two sons, Charles and Banjamin, were born in 1820, though I think there may have been an error in the date of one. Charles died here in Hawaii in Aug 1859. Benjamin settled in New Bedford, MA. Both apparently changed their names to Magnett. I too would be interested in any additional info on the Maggott/Magnett families.

      Leonard Meek
      Hawaii