      From: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ian Morris
      Sent: 21 July 2010 12:39
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] RE:Wade slaves

      Thank you so much, Colin!

      Where did you get this slave list from?

      All the very best
      IAN

      From: foxhome <colin@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, 21 July, 2010 13:19:17
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] RE:Wade slaves

      Ian, Can offer you this

      No

      Name of Proprietior

      Name of Slave

      Age

      Description

      Value £

      Remarks

      50

      Rev R Boys

      Charles Wade

      26

      A useful servant generally Carter and a good groom. Has paid for himself lately £13/year. Now on his own hands a healthy young man

      75

      Mr Boys states to the committee that he wishes it to be noted that he does not expect any compensation from the Honble Compy on the emancipation of these slaves although he wishes to defer their boa fide freedom for the present.

      201

      Mr Blake (and continued at no 408

      William Wade

      19

      A farm labourer character pretty fair

      65

      205

      Mr Blake (and continued at no 412

      Thomas Wade

      16

      Takes milk to market and employed in the house character indifferent has been a runaway

      50

      Colin