1192RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Researching Henry Williams

  • foxhome
    Jul 20, 2010

      Carolyn, can offer you this from the 1827 list of slaves with surname William or Williams

      No

      Name of Proprietior

      Name of Slave

      Age

      Description

      Value £

      188

      Mr John Burnham

      James Williams

      38

      A farm labourer carried wood to town daily his master allows him one day to himself by which he wholly maintains himself without any expense to his master

      85

      237

      Estate of R Hayes deceased

      Eddy Williams

      19

      A labourer impediment in his speech bad character

      265

      Mr J De Fountain and cont at No 273

      William Williams

      18

      Farm Labourer strong and healthy

      80

      274

      Mr De Foutain cont from No 268

      James Williams

      15

      A farm boy, character pretty fair reformed from being a runaway

      35

      387

      Mr Alfred Isaacke

      Flora Williams

      19

      Washerwoman and house servant tolerable character

      30

      412

      John Roake’s estate

      Jane Williams

      30

      A good washerwoman has 2 free children hires herself out for £5 per year  a respectable married woman

      25

      416

      Mr Prince

      Sarah Williams

      42

      A nurse and house servant let out no encumbrance unmarried

      30

      463

      Mr E Kay

      Sarah Williams

      16

      Useful servant a good market woman

      35

      537

      Major Seale

      George Williams

      40

      Market hand and labourer goes to town daily very good character [Cohabits with Sophia Odein slave to Mrs David Kay – aka Mrs E Kay

      90

      558

      Mr S Pritchard

      William Williams

      20

      Generally useful servant can cook groom etc

      95

      609

      Captain Torbett

      Kitty Williams

      19

      Washerwoman

      25

      668

      W & J Burnie of London

      Richard William

      24

      A good carter has been a garden labourer a good willing and generally useful servant healthy

      105

      669

      W & J Burnie of London

      John William

      22

      A clever house and personal servant waits well at table very trustworthy and generally  useful

      105

      801

      Mr William Henry Seale

      Lucy William

      16

      Nurse and house servant not well disposed

      20

      Regards

      Colin