1135Re: Weston Families

  • judith.armstrong77
    Jun 10, 2010
      Hi Chris
      I have a record of a Joseph Weston in 1823 which is around the time you are asking for. It may not be of any help but he is given as the owner of my forebear, William Smith, a slave who was married in St James Church on the island.

      I am going to the island in April next year, leaving from Cape Town, to follow up on a dream of mine, to see where my family came from

      Judith Armstrong
      Elwood Australia

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "chrisioy" <chrisioy@...> wrote:

      > I see that there has been some more recent activity on the site, including some intriguing mentions of schools run by Mrs Weston and Henry Weston. I am thus re-posting an earlier message in the hope that that some of you might be able to help.
      >
      > I am looking for some assistance in tracing my g-grandfather George Weston who married Annie Sim, nee Bagley in 1882 in St John's Church on the Island. He and his children (my grandmother plus her siblings) came to Cape Town in about 1891,but I am looking to connect George - born about 1857 or 1859 to the previous Westons on the Island. Charles Weston was Marshall and Jailer around 1821 at the time of Napoleon's imprisonment and I have traced his descendants for 2 more generations, but which of his descendants was George Weston's father I cannot
      > establish at present.
      >
      > Regards
      > Chris Everett
      > Cape Town, South Africa