      From: Lisa

      Date: 05/02/10 18:59:30

      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: HOPKINS

      Hi Merlynn,

      Not sure if you are still investigating this - I see that you posted this a
      few years ago!

      My surname is Hopkins and I am from St Helena, and I can confirm that there
      are definitely Hopkins's still living there. There is actually just one
      family of Hopkins - which makes the research slightly easier on the island -
      so from that I believe we may be related! I believe the gg grandfather's
      name was William Hopkins - and we did think he was Welsh - so it would be
      good to confirm that as well as confirm when he arrived on the Island etc.

      I did some research when I was on St Helena recently and I did find the
      baptism record for Phoebe Isabella Hopkins - who I believe is a sister of my
      great grandmother - Christina Maude Hopkins - but I don't have any further
      info on her as I only had time to look up my great grandmother.

      Anyway - I shall leave it there - and hopefully you will get in touch and we
      can share some further information.

      Lisa Hopkins

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mer_mar008" <mmarion@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, I am looking for info on PHOEBE ISABELLA HOPKINS b. ABT 1898/9 on

      > the island. Her father's surname was HOPKINS (first name unknown).

      > He was Welsh. Her mother is unknown to me. PHOEBE arrived in South

      > |Africa ABT 1914 and lived the rest of her life in SA. She married

      > William (Boetie) Harwood a south African. Are there still HOPKINS

      > families living on the island??

      > Regards

      > Merlynn Marion

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic