1109St Helena Archives and schooling

  • Caroline Gaden
    Apr 4, 2010
      Hello Everyone
      A query re the archives on St Helena
      Does anyone know the current email address please as I'd like to make
      Are the school records there?
      In the 1800-1815 time frame was there a school for primary age children
      only, or at what age did children start and leave school?
      Did any/many children go to England for their schooling? I ask this
      because in Betsy Balcombe's recollections she refers to her two younger
      brothers as being on St Helena but makes no reference to her older
      brother who we assume may have been at School in England or perhaps
      could have started in the Navy [as his father did] or was perhaps
      working somewhere.
      Any help much appreciated
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic