1064Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Yon family tree

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Oct 2, 2009
      Thank you Barry, however, my request was sent via postal mail as well and it's been 3 years, so I may try again.  But 3 years is an extremely long time to wait for an answer.

      From: Barry Burns <barry.burns1@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, September 30, 2009 4:05:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Yon family tree

      Nancy and others,

      I have actually visited the Jamestown Archives at the Castle many times during the last 11 years.

      Usually the archivist and any helpers are kept very busy with personal callers on site. In fact, many times it is so crowded that any work is well nigh impossible, especially when the RMS is there. So time to deal with requests is very limited and, as you will understand, such work cannot be rushed. I think patience is a must, however enthusiastic you may be for the information.

      Best regards,

      Barry