1005Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Thomas Henry Gardiner

  • John Gardiner
    Jan 21, 2009
      Welcome, Carol.  Keep on pursuing!

      From: Ray Forsberg <forsbergray@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:21:45 AM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Thomas Henry Gardiner

      Hi John,

      Thanks for the response,

      Cheers,

      Carol

      On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM, gardiner.john@ rocketmail. com <gardiner.john@ rocketmail. com> wrote:

      Sorry, Carol. Don't think there is a connection.

      My great-great grandfather, Thomas Henry Gardiner, originally from St
      Helena, married Eleanor Payne on Xmas Eve 1877 at St
      Martin's-in-the-Fields church in London. Eleanor was definitely born in
      London

      1820 Settlers in the Cape is quite something to have in tyour family!
      Good luck with pursuing Ann.

      Kind regards.

      John

      --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Ray Forsberg"

      <forsbergray@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > This is probably nothing to do with your family, but I have an Ann
      Payne in
      > my tree; she was born in 1823 in the E. Cape - parents were Elijah
      Payne
      > and Mary Hall; they also had a daughter, Mary, b. 1818 in Deverill
      > Longbridge, Wiltshire. This family were 1820 Settlers.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Carol

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic