Happy Ancient Egyptian New Year! PARTY ON JULY 26th!

  • The Society for the Study of Egyptian An
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2007
      Well, once again Sepdet (Sirius) is peeping over the horizon as the sun rises and the ancient Egyptian New Year is about to begin.  This means that it is time for Toronto's annual New Year's Party.

      Based on the expert calculations of Dr. Ian McGregor of the ROM, Sirius will be visible at sunrise on the morning of THURSDAY, JULY 26TH.  By about 6:30 pm on that day, we hope many of our Toronto members will be visible at the PRINCE OF EGYPT RESTAURANT, 135 Danforth Ave. (1/2 block east of Broadview on the south side of Danforth) in Toronto.

      Chef Taha Soliman and his son have arranged a prix fixe menu of appetizer, soup, and dessert for just $20.   Although the restaurant is not licensed to sell liquor, you may bring your own wine or beer if you order a main course.  (There is an LCBO about a block from the restaurant for last-minute purchases). Parking is available at several 'Green P' lots in the neighbourhood and the restaurant is located less than 2 blocks from Broadview subway station.

      We hope you will plan to be there.  Please tell any SSEA members you know that do not have email about our dinner.  For more information, email sseatoronto@... or ssea.geo@...