Patch for building with recent gcc.

  • plessy_charles
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2006
      Dear all,

      I am interested in packaging SSAHA for Debian, but the patch which
      would allow me to use recent compilers is on a website which is not
      available anymore (http://www.bifx.org/SSAHA/index.html).

      Is there somebody who still has the patch available? I am affraid I
      would be unable to do the packaging by myself without it

      [PS: For my personnal use, I am also considering using ssaha to map
      affymetrix 25-mers on the v6 assembly of the zebrafish genome, but my
      computer has only ~750 Mo of RAM. Could anybody suuggest an
      appropriate word size, or shall I just give up?]

      Have a nice day,

      --
      Charles Plessy
      Debian-med packaging team
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2006
        > Is there somebody who still has the patch available? I am affraid I
        > would be unable to do the packaging by myself without it

        Sorry, I just linked to it.

        > [PS: For my personnal use, I am also considering using ssaha to map
        > affymetrix 25-mers on the v6 assembly of the zebrafish genome, but my
        > computer has only ~750 Mo of RAM. Could anybody suuggest an
        > appropriate word size, or shall I just give up?]

        You need more memory at present, but an upcoming version of ssaha2 should
        support disk based hashes.

        Cheers,

        Adam.

        Dr Adam Spargo
        High Performance Assembly Group email: aws@...
        Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Tel: +44 (0)1223 834244 x7728
        Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA Fax: +44 (0)1223 494919