Re: [ssahausers] Question regarding SSAHA

  • Kong Gui (gs'20)
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
      Hello Anthony,

      Regarding the suggestion on compiling SSAHA under MinGW/Msys, will you please guide me through the compilation?

      For now, I've had both MinGW/Msys installed under C:. But I can't figure how am I going to use them to compile SSAHA. What I did so far was, by turning on the Msys terminal and locate the directory of "SSAHA/binary", following by the command "make makefile". But it doesn't seem to work with me over here.

      Any hints? Thank you very much.

      Regards,
      Kelvin
      Student.

      Anthony Cox <anthony.j.cox@...> wrote:
      Hello Kelvin

      Don't know about SSAHA2, but the source code for SSAHA
      version 3.1 could be compiled under Windows by
      installing Cygwin, making sure you include gcc/g++ in
      the installation. However the resulting executable is
      only runnable under the Cygwin environment.

      Or check out MinGW/Msys - advantage of this approach
      is that the executable would be runnable from Windows.