Re: [ssahausers] Question regarding SSAHA

  • Kong Gui (gs'20)
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
      Hello,

      Thank you for your advices. I will try to work on it. Will post additional question here if I bump into any obstacles. Once again, thank you.

      Cheers,
      Kelvin

    • Kong Gui (gs'20)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
        Hello Anthony,

        Regarding the suggestion on compiling SSAHA under MinGW/Msys, will you please guide me through the compilation?

        For now, I've had both MinGW/Msys installed under C:. But I can't figure how am I going to use them to compile SSAHA. What I did so far was, by turning on the Msys terminal and locate the directory of "SSAHA/binary", following by the command "make makefile". But it doesn't seem to work with me over here.

        Any hints? Thank you very much.

        Regards,
        Kelvin
        Student.

        Anthony Cox <anthony.j.cox@...> wrote:
        Hello Kelvin

        Don't know about SSAHA2, but the source code for SSAHA
        version 3.1 could be compiled under Windows by
        installing Cygwin, making sure you include gcc/g++ in
        the installation. However the resulting executable is
        only runnable under the Cygwin environment.

        Or check out MinGW/Msys - advantage of this approach
        is that the executable would be runnable from Windows.