99Error running latest ssaha

  • sraxylan
    Aug 23, 2007
      I'm trying to run ssaha on a fedora 7 (32bit) system and it's dying
      with an error every time I run it.

      I'm running the latest v33 version of ssaha, but I've also tried v31c
      which also fails.

      I can successfully compute the hashtable from my subject fasta files,
      but when I try to search against this with a short test sequence ssaha
      dies.

      /usr/local/bin/ssaha test.fa
      /data/public/DNA/Genomes/NCBIM36/Current/ncbi36_1 -qf fasta -sf hash

      [snip lots of output]

      Info: running DNA query against DNA hash table.
      ssaha:
      /home/andrewss/SSAHA/SSAHA/SequenceReader/SequenceReader.cpp:305:
      const char* SourceReaderIndex::extractName(SequenceNumber): Assertion
      `(nameBuffer_[0]=='>')||(nameBuffer_[0]=='@')' failed.
      Aborted

      Any ideas about how to make this work?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic