95Re: [ssahausers] ssaha2 v1.0.4

  • Charles Plessy
    May 5, 2007
      Le Fri, May 04, 2007 at 04:21:54PM +0100, Adam Spargo a écrit :

      > Hi,
      > Sorry if I haven't replied to resent requests in person, all reported
      > issues should be solved by this new release:
      > [1]http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/analysis/SSAHA2/
      > Cheers,
      > Adam.
      > --

      Dear Adam,

      there is a major difference between SSAHA and SSAHA2: the first is free
      software, and unfortunately the second is not.

      I would be happy to pacakge SSAHA for the Debian GNU/Linux operating
      system, but I am not a C programmer, so I can not do anything without
      the patch for GCC 4.0 mentionnend on the homepage of SSAHA. But it seems
      to be lost... Do you have a copy somewhere ?

      Have a nice day,

      --
      Charles Plessy
      Debian-Med packaging team