5Re: Compilation of client server in EnsemblServer

  • luca.toldo@merck.de
    Jun 13, 2002
      Dear Anthony,
      thankyou for your support and advice.
      I have changed the lines as you suggested and then it compiled almost fine.
      The problem is now with SSAHAServer.cpp which delivers the following error
      :

      SSAHAServer.cpp: In function 'int main(int,char**)':
      769: cannot convert "void (*)(int) to void(*)() for argument 2 to void
      (*Signal(int, void(*)()))()"
      770: cannot convert "void (*)(int) to void(*)() for argument 2 to void
      (*Signal(int, void(*)()))()"

      I had a look there and the lines are

      769:Signal (SIGCHLD, sig_chld);
      770:Signal (SIGPIPE,sig_pipe);

      According to the compiler's error I guess that the problem is in sig_chld
      and sig_pipe respectively.

      These have the following signature:

      107:void sig_chld (void) {...}
      118:void sig_pipe (void) {...}

      Signal is defined in the man page as:

      void (*signal ( int sig, void(*func)(int)))(int);

      any advice appreciated.
      luca
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic