3Re: Compilation of client server in EnsemblServer

  • coxtonyj
    Jun 12, 2002
      Hi Luca,

      The problem in both cases is due to the fact that client/server code
      tends to include flags that are platform-specific. This is partly
      why I put them in a separate module, to leave a core that is hopefully
      reasonably portable.

      I might be able to produce a fix for the Linux version but I don't
      have access to an SGI machine. It would be a question of looking
      through your system's versions of standard header files such as
      unistd.h to see what would need to be changed.

      Regards,

      Tony Cox

      --- In ssahausers@y..., luca.toldo@m... wrote:
      > dear all,
      > I have tried to compile v30 under Irix and under Linux and it
      failed in
      > both circumstances, with different errors of course.
      >
      > a) Linux g++ version 2.96
      > the ssaha standalone and ssaha.a compiled fine, however the make
      client
      > server in EnsemblServer failed due to:
      > - conflicting types for typedef long unsigned int socklen_t
      > - ClientServerUtils.cpp MSG_NONBLOCK undeclared and other messages
      >
      > b) Irix g++ version 2.95.2
      > the ssaha standalone and ssaha.a compiled fine, however the make
      client
      > server in EnsemblServer failed due to:
      > -ClientServerUtils.cpp: In function 'void (*signal(int,void(*)(int))
      (int)'
      > assigment of voids ...
      > -ClientServerUtils.cpp: MSG_NONBLOCK undeclared
      >
      > Might that be due to the version of g++ ? It seems to me as if it
      has been
      > built with version g++ version 3.0.3.
      >
      > Luca
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic