17Re: [ssahausers] Re: Sanger SSAHA web pages updated

  • Will Spooner
    Sep 19, 2002
      On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, coxtonyj wrote:

      > Hi Will,
      >
      > Thanks for updating the Sanger web pages. When I get a few spare hours
      > I'm going to try to put together version 3.1 which will contain fixes
      > for a couple of minor bugs (most of which have been discussed on this
      > group). If anyone has found any more bugs I would be pleased to hear
      > about them here. I probably won't have time to put in any major new
      > features though.

      That's great.

      One idea was to get SSAHA up as a sourceforge project:
      http://sourceforge.net/

      This would provide some project/source management for distributed SSAHA
      development. Is there any support for this within this group?

      I'm off for 2 weeks, so could look into this when I get back.

      > If you have any problems with the code I would be glad to try and
      > answer them via this group.

      I may get into the code at some stage, but probably on the client side
      (still looking to write a perl client API). As my knowledge of C++ is
      limited I'm sure I'll have lots to ask...

      > Tony Cox
      >
      > PS Would it be possible to include a link to this group from the
      > Sanger web page?

      Yup - I'll put this in place shortly.

      Regards,

      Will

      > --- In ssahausers@y..., Will Spooner <whs@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm currently maintaining the SSAHA web pages at Sanger (and SSAHA
      > itself,
      > > it a hands-off manner).
      > >
      > > The web pages have been updated with SSAHA v3 source and binaries:
      > >
      > > http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/analysis/SSAHA/
      > >
      > > I would obviously be delighted to recieve any feedback regarding the
      > SSAHA
      > > page. If anyone could provide pre-built binaries for various
      > platforms, I
      > > will post these on the site.
      > >
      > > If anyone has thoughts/comments about the future development of the
      > SSAHA
      > > project, please post.
      > >
      > > Kind regards,
      > >
      > > Will