DPA We'll keep waiting for Karadzic and Mladic, says Pocar

  • sibercor2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7 6:24 AM

      We'll keep waiting for Karadzic and Mladic, says Pocar

      dpa German Press Agency
      Published: Monday November 6, 2006

      Sarajevo- President of The Hague-based International Criminal Tribunal for
      the former Yugoslavia Fausto Pocar accused Serbia and the Bosnian Serb
      entity Monday of poor cooperation in bringing Ratko Mladic and Radovan
      Karadzic to justice. In an interview with the Sarajevo daily Dnevni avaz, he
      warned that the tribunal would not rest until karadzic and Mladic appeared
      before it.

      Serbian authorities, Pocar said, did not achieve any progress in locating
      and detaining Mladic, believed to be hiding in Serbia, despite numerous
      promises and deadlines.

      The authorities of the Bosnian Serb entity, the Srpska Republic, he said,
      had also failed to make any progress in locating and catching the former
      Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic.

      "We are very disappointed with the fact that six fugitives, especially
      Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic, have not been arrested yet and
      transferred to The Hague," Pocar said.

      Both Karadzic and Mladic have been at large more than 11 years after the
      ICTY indicted them for war crimes, genocide, crimes against humanity and
      severe breaches of the Geneva Conventions during the 1992-1995 war in