Weekly Newsletter from SSY NJ - Monday Aug 7th, 2011 - Sri Sri Yoga Level 2

  • srisriyoganj
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2011

      Weekly Newsletter from Sri Sri Yoga New Jersey - Monday Aug 7th, 2011

      SRI SRI YOGA Level 2

      Take this opportunity to dive deep into the depths of yoga and fully experience what it is to live like a yogi. In seven days, you'll move beyond the confines of the yoga mat to invigorate and heal your body, relax your mind and nourish your soul. You'll learn how to bring principles of yoga into every moment of your life, bringing you total health and freedom.

      In Sri Sri Yoga Level2 course you will:

      * Discover age-defying Yogasanas, powerful Pranayamas (breathing techniques) and profound meditations led by Krishani.

      * Strengthen and tone your muscles through a Subtle Strengthening and Healing Contractions (SSaHC) restoring the balance and harmony at physical and Pranic levels decreasing chronic pains.

      * Learn practical knowledge based on Yogic wisdom and study the foundational principles of Yoga.

      * Experience a genuine sense of internal tranquility, transformation, and peace.

      * Experience mental clarity and radiate like a crystal with the body feeling strong, agile and filled with vitality.

      * Nourish the body and mind with the delicious and nutritious Ayurvedic food prepared at the DC Center.

      Course Dates & Timing:

      September 3rd to 10th, 2011.

      Starts Sept 3rd at 4pm and ends on Sept 10th at 11am.

      This course is a residential retreat.

      Sri Sri Center for Peace and Meditation,

      2401 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C.

      What participants say from the recent course in Argentina:

      "I could experience profound states of relaxation and a silent mind. I feel more comfortable with my body and with a better mood. I'm so grateful! this course is amazing, one of the best experiences i got in the art of living." ~Marco Di Giano, 34, Lawyer

      "Every single AOL course i have taken has been enlightening in one way or the other and a life changing experience. However, the new SSY2 course is by far the most complete and life awakening course i have ever taken. The knowledge of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is put together in such a delicate and profound experience, one's entire point of view can shift in just a week. With the correct training of the body, breath and mind, heavy weights are dropped off your shoulders and life becomes a relaxing miracle, a succession of amazing moments full of love." ~ Lucas Schnoller, 28, CEO of "Help One Another"

      "This is the best course i have taken since i did my first course at the Art of Living, and i have taken many. Krishanji is, without any doubt, a direct channel from the Master. His knowledge of Yoga and the way he transmits it leaves all of us, speechless. I've reached places inside myself that i never thought they even existed. He does hard things easy and the impossible, super accessible to anyone. My body is changed and my mind is alert. My connexion with the Guru is more intense than ever before." ~ Sergio Jolivet, 49, Art of Living Teacher.

      Any questions? Contact Jennifer Stevenson at

      202-436-2012 or jennifer.stevenson@...

      To register,

      DeStress | DC

      de-stress | D.C. is a social-awareness campaign that empowers Washingtonians to take steps to handle the stress successfully in their lives and to do more of the things they love. It is an approach that includes recharging and refreshing through meditation, breathing, yoga, and healthy life-style choices.

      When:     Aug 11, 2011 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm

      Where:   Sri Sri Center for Peace and Meditation

                      2401 15th Street NW

                      Washington DC, 20009

                      (across from Meridian Hill Park)

      LETS MOVE TOGETHER and make our community STRESS FREE.

      To register, www.destressdc.com

      Please contact Shreedhar, email Shreedhar.thuljaram@... or call 732-599 8914 if you need more info.

      Please forward this info to all your friends/relatives in DC and nearby areas MD, VA.

      The Art of Living Course teaches you practical tools to better handle the stresses of daily life. Stress increases when our capacity to handle our output is less than our input (of energy). Negative emotions - anger, regret, sadness, anxiety and fear - eat up our energy and time putting an unnecessary burden on our efforts.
      Key Features of the Course

      • Learn Sudarshan Kriya: immensely powerful, it incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and purify the entire system by releasing toxins at the deepest cellular level.
      • Stretching and low-impact yoga for health, circulation, and physical well-being.
      • Guided meditation and breathing techniques that increase energy and deeply relax the body and mind.
      • Skills for handling negative emotions and situations.
      • Practical wisdom for improving focus at work and harmony in relationships.
      • Guided interactive processes ... lots of fun.

      For special discount of $50, please contact Shreedhar, email Shreedhar.thuljaram@... or call 732-599 8914

      Please forward this info to all your friends/relatives in DC and nearby areas MD, VA.

      Philly/SJ YOGA RAVE Project (Oct 2011)

      Yoga Rave is a party like none-other-in-the-world, a new concept of fun incorporating elements of music, yoga and meditation. It is lead by the Argentinian band called the `So What Project' which has mastered the Art of using yoga, meditation, music and dance to create an amazingly fun night that is void of alcohol and drugs. This Fall 2011 the `So What Project' heads to Philly!  Come be a part of this amazing, revoluntary project!

      Video! :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvU1zU8WCpU&feature=related

      Join the Team: pchhina@...

      By Sri Sri

      August 05, 2011

      Q: Dear Guruji, how can I cultivate more humility and acceptance? I am known for being arrogant, rude and short tempered.
      Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: You in the right place. Do the silence program couple of times. Two, three silence courses will melt you down. And don't judge yourself too much. Sometimes we judge ourselves too much. Either we judge others and get angry at others or you judge yourself and get upset about yourself. It is best not to do this; these two acts appear to be different but are the same. Either we blame others or we blame our self. Self blame is as bad as blaming someone else. That is what this knowledge is all about. It takes you from the blame culture to a joy culture. You are happy, you make others happy. And when you are happy, anyone who comes into contact with you, they are happy too. Have you noticed some people in your office are very enthusiastic? They say, `hey, come on, let's go', `hey come on, let's do this', `hey, this will happen'. Very positive, enthusiastic and even if there are problems, they say, `okay, let's manage it', they crack jokes. And there are others who in the best of situations are upset, angry. They say, `all has gone well, but what will happen from this? One day it will all be finished, then what?
      At least this one day, whatever you are doing, why don't you be happy?
      `It's all a one day show, then what?' This type of pathetic pessimism is not life supporting. Nor does it support anyone around you. Sign of life is not depression, sign of life is celebration, is upliftment. You should bear this in mind. Whenever you tend to do that, whenever you tend to go in the negative cycle, immediately remember,' oh Guruji has said that, let me switch my mode. Like in your cell phone, you switch modes, from cell phone mode to sms mode or phone mode or email mode. Like that you should be able to switch and you have the ability to do that.

      To the reader:

      Sri Sri Yoga NJ Team will be sending regular weekly newsletter updates on the upcoming events and courses to the members who have taken Sri Sri Yoga and/or taken any yoga programs conducted by Art Of Living.  These emails will include topics on the courses, events, knowledge pertaining to Yoga, Ayurveda and Diet. Please send your feed back to srisriyoganj@... with the subject `Feed back'.  If you don't want to receive emails from this group, please opt to unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link below.

      Jai Guru Dev

      Victory to the BIG mind