Weekly Newsletter from Sri Sri Yoga New Jersey - Monday Aug 1st, 2011

  • srisriyoganj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 9:03 PM

      Weekly Newsletter from Sri Sri Yoga New Jersey - Monday Aug 1st, 2011

      DeStress | DC

      FIRST TIME IN USA

      de-stress | D.C. is a social-awareness campaign that empowers Washingtonians to take steps to handle the stress successfully in their lives and to do more of the things they love. It is an approach that includes recharging and refreshing through meditation, breathing, yoga, and healthy life-style.

      When:     Aug 11, 2011 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm

      Where:   Sri Sri Center for Peace and Meditation

                      2401 15th Street NW

                      Washington DC, 20009

                      (across from Meridian Hill Park)

      LETS MOVE TOGETHER and make our community STRESS FREE.

      To register, www.destressdc.com

      Please contact Shreedhar, email Shreedhar.thuljaram@... or call 732-599 8914 if you need more info.

      Please forward this info to all your friends/relatives in DC and nearby areas MD, VA

      SPECIAL ART OF LIVING COURSE IN DC AREA

      The Art of Living Course teaches you practical tools to better handle the stresses of daily life. Stress increases when our capacity to handle our output is less than our input (of energy). Negative emotions - anger, regret, sadness, anxiety and fear - eat up our energy and time putting an unnecessary burden on our efforts.
      Key Features of the Course

      • Learn Sudarshan Kriya: immensely powerful, it incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and purify the entire system by releasing toxins at the deepest cellular level.
      • Stretching and low-impact yoga for health, circulation, and physical well-being.
      • Guided meditation and breathing techniques that increase energy and deeply relax the body and mind.
      • Skills for handling negative emotions and situations.
      • Practical wisdom for improving focus at work and harmony in relationships.
      • Guided interactive processes ... lots of fun.

      http://secure.artofliving.org/course_details.aspx?course_id=10215

      To get special discount of $50 vaild till Aug 11th, please contact Shreedhar, email Shreedhar.thuljaram@... or call 732-599 8914. Please forward this info to all your friends/relatives in DC and nearby areas MD, VA.

       Philly/SJ YOGA RAVE Project (Oct 2011)

      Yoga Rave is a party like none-other-in-the-world, a new concept of fun incorporating elements of music, yoga and meditation. It is lead by the Argentinian band called the `So What Project' which has mastered the Art of using yoga, meditation, music and dance to create an amazingly fun night that is void of alcohol and drugs. This Fall 2011 the `So What Project' heads to Philly!  Come be a part of this amazing, revoluntary project!

      Video! :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvU1zU8WCpU&feature=related

      Join the Team: pchhina@...

      KNOWLEDGE SHEET

      By Sri Sri

      Many a time, you become angry or miserable because of the feverishness for perfection. If you are too much of a perfectionist, you are bound to be an angry person. In a state of ignorance, imperfection is natural and perfection is an effort. In a state of wisdom or enlightenment, imperfection is an effort; perfection is a compulsion and is unavoidable! Perfection is taking total responsibility, and total responsibility means knowing that you are the only one responsible for the whole world. When you think that others are responsible, then your degree of responsibility diminishes. When you are in total vairagya (dispassion), you can take care of even insignificant things which such perfection. Perfection is the very nature of the enlightened one.

      When we are joyful, we don't look for perfection. If you are looking for perfection then you are not at the source of joy. Joy is the realization that there is no vacation from wisdom. The world appears imperfect on the surface, but underneath, all is perfect. Perfection hides; imperfection shows off. The wise will not stay on the surface but will probe into the depth. Things are not blurred; your vision is blurred. Infinite actions  prevail in the whole of consciousness, and yet the consciousness remains perfect, untouched. Realize this now and be natural.

      In this world, everything cannot be perfect all the time. Even the best, the greatest of actions, performed with the noblest of intentions, will have some imperfections. It is but natural. Unfortunately, the tendency of our mind is to grab the imperfection and hold on to it. And, in the process, we end up making our moods, our minds imperfect and our souls reel with this nonsense. It is imperative to get out of these cycles and to become strong and courageous from within.

      To the reader:

      Sri Sri Yoga NJ Team will be sending regular weekly newsletter updates on the upcoming events and courses to the members who have taken Sri Sri Yoga and/or taken any yoga programs conducted by Art Of Living.  These emails will include topics on the courses, events, knowledge pertaining to Yoga, Ayurveda and Diet. Please send your feed back to srisriyoganj@... with the subject `Feed back'.  If you don't want to receive emails from this group, please opt to unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link below.

      Jai Guru Dev

      Victory to the BIG mind