Re: Discussion on the plight of Muslims in Sri Lanka.

  • Aboobacker Rameez
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
      As.kum WB to all,

      What Mr Marzook says here is absolutely important. You don't need to be alarmed over the invitation of the Bishop to bro Latheef Farook and other Muslim brothers and sisters as long as they are straight forward in the Mannar Muslims' issues and non-biased in their thoughts. In fact, it is part of our religious obligation to respect their invitation and brief them the truth of our issues and concerns despite the fact we have a pre-conception and fear psychosis that they may come up with alternatives and resort to reaction.

      Allah SWT knows better.

      Rameez

      On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Mohamed Marzook <smmarzook@...> wrote:

      Salaams to All,

      Why is this fear by Bro. Nizam. Latheef Farook has been always straight-forward and non-biased, without any political leanings, in his contribution for the benefits of the Muslims in Sri Lanka. He never barters his thinking promoting the politics of any group as some who do so under the guise of speaking for the community. Those who are honest and sincere in their views and actions do not fear as to when and where they express their views. Latheef Farook belongs to this category - MOHAMED MARZOOK

      On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Noor Nizam <noornizam7@...> wrote:

      Salaams,
      To all of you, this may look a very fine idea. But if you analyse this through the discipline of known political strategy studies and political communication understanding and research, it is s "Modus Operandi" (method of operation) being adopted by the Catholic Church to hear from the horses own mouth all our complaints and strategies, our Muslims will pour out so that they can plan their next moves to weaken our demands/rights. Brother Latheef Farook as a veteran freelance journalist in recent time has been one of the vociferous critics of Catholic Action and against the West and especially Israel. He has also towed a pro Iran trend in some of his writings.
      The Island newspaper and Daily Mirror are heavily influenced by the Church, though all of us fee they are Sinhala supported paper. I hope that brother Latheef Farook will rethink about his presentation twice before doing it, Insha Allah. I am not trying to STOP brother Latheef Farook from showing his wonderful ability and knowledge of current issues in Sri Lanka and the Muslims as a result of making this "Key Note address", which he will do with the best statistics, data and force of expression of the vision of the Muslims and our future. That is the GEM these guys want to know about our community. In the alternate, an "on the surface" keynote speech should be made, Insha Allah. In the discussions, participating  academics and important Muslim dignitaries should not "throw out" all that we wish to say, because it is those information that they need to PLAN their next move against us in Mannar and other areas. I am not sure whether Hon. Rishad Batihiudeen's issues have made the government to rethink of their plans for the North and Wanni (Mannar). A lot of in-dept studies and political analysis has been made to understand the trend as to why the Mannar Muslims have been prevented to come back home. I do not need to mention, your know from where the "ACTION" is. This rethinking of the Government should NOT be jeopardised by our being in a rush. I know for sure that there will be strong resentment and very hard criticism of this email request. I AM WILLING TO FACE IT if that will be of help to place before our community a warning signal of the situation of the Muslim Community in Sri Lanka in the present context, Insha Allah. IT IS FOR YOU ALL TO DECIDE WHETHER THIS IS GOOD OR BAD, Insha Allah. During the last 05 years I have been involved in Political Communication Research on the political situation in Sri Lanka viz - a -viz the Tamils and the Sinhalese, Tamils and the Muslims in the North and East. I am only telling what I fear for in the future the Muslim Community by indulging with humbleness and sincerity, but stepping into danger. At least our elders have thought us "Think before you leap". If my suggestions are not appreciated, let's at least respect the latter. I beg pardon from all and from God AllMighty Allah, if I have made written this email with malice or with an intention of disturbing the peace of a peaceful community, Insha Allah.
      Foot note:
      Abu-Hurairah reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said:
      "Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak what is good or be silent." (Agreed upon)
      This Hadith is clear and indisputable that a person should not talk unless what he wants to say is good and there is benefit from it. However, when he doubts whether there would be benefit or good, he should then not speak. Imam Shafi'ee said:
      "If a person wishes to say something then he should think before he starts talking. If there is good, then he should speak, otherwise he should not."

      Wassalaam.
      Noor Nizam.

      From: Marlene Dole <mz_dole@...>
      Date: Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM
      Subject: Fw: Discussion
      To: TK Azoor <devoiazoor@...>, Dr Mareena Reffai <dr.reffai@...>, Fathima Cader <fathimarc@...>
      Cc: Juragan Majid <majid.juragan@...>, Mehraj Sally <mehraj@...>, Parhoom Samahon <dehiwela44@...>

      Marlene Dole

      Dear All,

      Rt.Rev.Dhiloraj Kanagasabei. Bishop of Colombo has convened a meeting at Bishop House Colombo 7, adjoining BMICH at 4.30 pm on Wednesday 29 Aug 2012 to discuss the plight of Muslims in Sri Lanka. Key note address will be delivered by our veteran journalist Latheef Farook. Muslim academics and professionals are kindly solicited to be present at this meeting. Though giving you a short notice we greatly appreciate your attending this meeting in the interest of the community for your valuable contribution to the discussion.

      Please confirm your attendance.

      Salam/Thanks

      Rezvan Rasheed

      Sent from Rezvan's iPad

      --
      Dr.Reffai

      Check www.almuslimath.org for Almuslimaath  details

      --
      A.Rameez
      PhD Research Scholar

    • tuan jassim
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
        Salaams to all,
        Can somebody inform the forum on the outcome of the discussion. This will definitely calm the nerves of everyone who are a little uncomfortable with the very idea itself.
        Did the discussion bring bring the two communities together as aggrieved party? Did the Catholic hierarchy highly connected to the top power including the first lady and several politicians provide any relief to alleviate the plight of Muslims?
        Or was it to know our strategies as brother Noor Nizam suspected?
        Jassim