WANTED: A LOCAL AL-JAZEERA

  • Ameerally
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
      I still wonder why our Muslim Businessmen cannot think of establishing a local "Al-Jazeera".  Only that will expose to the world and the diplomatic community stationed in Sri Lanka the actual plights of Muslims in Sri Lanka.  Sadly, no initiative was taken towards this constructive line by any of our community-concerned local businessmen.  The so-called Shakthi TV and FM has eroded into our religion and culture.  This is the only way I believe, we can address our grievances to the world in general and other Sri lankan communities in particular.

      The valuable contributions Muslims have made to this island nation are forgotten or traces deliberately destroyed.

      Ameer

      On 29 September 2011 08:59, Latheef Farook <sanagency@...> wrote:

      Assalamu  Alaikum Dr Mareena and Brother Othman

      I did study the subject and wrote and extensive article bringing this issue to limelight.

      See the plight of the community. I was severely criticised, insulted, humilated and threatened by  few Muslims  who demanded my apology  .

      This is the sad plight of the community.Muslims are passing through a very  dangerous period.Unless they open their eyes  it is going be very dangerous as both powerful foreign forces and local  racists are involved in this campaign.

      However always keep in mind that Muslims had passed through several phases like this in their history here in Sri Lanka.All what we need to do is to pin our faith in Allah and take precautionary measures .

      kind salaams
      latheef

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
        What Ameer say is very important.

        Let me tell you something which happened around 5 years ago. Once I was given a handbill by one of my friend who involved in printing profession. The handbill was under printing.

        The handbill was prepared by a richman as a reply to some issues related to Sharea. I send him a long letter asking him to concentrate on establishing a media for Muslims using his wealth, instead of handling a Sharea issues which is not concerned to him but for Sharea scholars only.

        This is the trend in our society. Whoever concerned don't want to do their job but wants to interfere which is not concerned to him. That's why we are in a situation which we are now.

        I hope what Ameer says should be highlighted in a different but more efficient way. I don't want to put all the burden on Dr Mareena but she also in this scene and she too an influential personality. Should we can influence on people who are capable of making the dream of Muslim Visual Media true I hope it will come true insha Allah.

        But that needs concentration. Should minor matters took our attention our long time stretegic plan will not come true. I call upon someone to come forward to take the bell garland on his hand to be put on cat's neck.

        Firdhous