Re: Sinhala Racist party Hela Urumaya shows its ugly face

  • Professional Translation
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      Dear All

      Assalamu Alaikum Warahmathullah Wabarakathuhu

      This is indeed heart burning issue for every Muslim in this country and  also imperative that we should find a solution for this communal menace by consulting  leading Muslim lawyers and  intelligentsia  and do the maximum to avoid such an occurance in the future.

      I hope  senior and leading Muslim lawyers  could contribute in this regard to find a solution  in order to enable our children to have their religion and quranic  studies to lead a good life  and be a good citizen.

      May Allah guide us  to the right path and divert the conspiracy of the  non-belivers to themselves.

      Wassalam

      A.C.M. Inayathullah

      2009/4/1 Egroup <egroup100@...>

      Madharasa Functions Suspended in Ampitiya, Kandy

      A group of Buddhists including monks had gone to the Ampitiya Usman Quran Madharsa in Kandy on Saturday the 21st instant and warned the use of Madharasa as a mosque. They also warned the Imam functioning there to vacate the Madharasa immediately.

      The Madharasa, constructed for the benefit of a number of Muslim families living in Ampitiya, was used by them for five time prayers since long but not for Jummah prayers. This Madharasa has been registered with the Muslim Cultural Department and there were no objections to this Madharasa till this incident.

      A group headed by more than seven (7) Buddhist Monks entered the premises of the Madharasa and wanted the Imam to vacate the Madharasa immediately and warned that his failure to do so would result in his being forced out from the place and the building being demolished to the ground.

      Mobile Police on emergency service had arrived there to settle the matter temporarily and summoned both parties to the Police Station where the Provincial Council Member Lafir Hajiyar was present with the Muslims while Hela Urumaya member and parliamentarian Udawatte Nanda Thera was present with the Buddhist group.

      The Buddhist group not willing for a compromise was adamant that this matter should be taken up to the courts to obtain a legal document to prevent any mosque coming up there in the future. The Police have now suspended the functioning of this Madharasa till the case is heard.

    • muhammad shafeek
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 7:31 AM

        Sallam  All

        This is the time to shows to other Muslim countries about Sinhala Racist party Hela Urumaya’s racism and growing racism against Muslim. People are expecting more and more in future such racism, which is growing a lot now days and there are many evidences.

        They never understand there are no countries have been developed with racism.

        If you are ok, we can write to all Muslim country’s embassy about this mater to stop going worst in future.  Never mind it workout or not but in future it will help us and most of the Muslim counties would know this in advance.

        What about this idea, any commence?

        Thanks

        Shafeek

        To: srilankamuslims@yahoogroups.com
        From: egroup100@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:59:06 +0000
        Subject: <SRILANKA MUSLIMS> Sinhala Racist party Hela Urumaya shows its ugly face

[...]

        Surfing the web just got more rewarding. Download the New Internet Explorer 8
      • ImanInfo
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 8:33 AM

          Dear Brother,

          I empathize with your feeling. We know our  future in this Island is going
          to be tough. I made several attempts to create a think tank, a brain barge
          of University Professors, Senior Lecturers, Senior Professionals Etc. but the
          response is simply frustrating. Our educated professionals yet wishes to remain
          in their cocoons.

          However this need not discourage us from doing what ever we can to protect
          out faith and our way of life. I have had several encounters with our so called
          Muslim Embassies in Sri Lanka. Unlike the Western Embassies our ones are
          there in their "Green Zone".

          What can we expect from them having witnessed their performance on the Gaza
          Massacre. Do you think that we popularly nick named "Rafeek" matter to them in
          any way.

          Since all our politicians are nothing but a big garbage bin, we could flood the President's House
          with letters, written in polite,  courteous language with sound logic and reasoning
          in what ever language you are proficient .

          Please forward a copy to:-

          SAILAN MUSLIM,
          56/15, Dharmarama Road,
          Colombo 6.

          Sailan Muslim Foundation is headed by Mr. Faisz Musthapha ( PC). The other members are Mr. Sibly Azeez (PC)
          former Attorney General , Mr. A.G.A. Barrie ( Canada) Mr. Fazli ( Saudi) Mr. Ziard Deen, Mr. Shafeek Hassen,
          Mr. Fiaz, with a team of high profile journalists of the calibre of Mr. Ameen Izzadeen, Mr. Izzeth Hussain,
          Mr. Latiff Farook, Aasif Hussain.

          The main objective of Sailan Muslim Foundation is to counter articles of this nature appearing in any one of our dailies.
          Sailan Muslim also needs the services of those who are proficient in Tamil and Sinhala. Those willing to offer
          their services please send me an Email.

          To: srilankamuslims@ yahoogroups. com
          From: egroup100@yahoo. com.au
          Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:59:06 +0000

[...]

        • Sharjah Cricket Council
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 7:21 AM
            Dear Shafeek,
            Whose permission are u waiting for to write the Mulim Countries Embassy?
            If you have the means you goahead and inform, that is the least you can do for your as well as my Religion.
            Wassalam,
            Thanks
            Ansar

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 12:08 AM

              Gentlemen:

              Why would we have to write to Muslim countries about a personal freedom that is being denied to you as a citizen of Sri Lanka?

              I am sure in the Kandy District there are Muslim MPs to whom the aggrieved party can write. In Kandy there is also a Human Rights Council or a branch of such Council to which a letter can be sent. Or maybe the local Police or Grama Sevaka, etc. – maybe one letter with copies to all of them.  Registered Letters setting out the sequence of events, available evidence, dates, times, persons involved, etc., with copy to local newspapers.

              Once we have exhausted the available official/legal avenues we can think of appealing to those Muslim Countries or the World Court at Hague or whatever.

              The Sailanmuslim website launch was attended by some very prominent Buddhist, Christian and Hindu personalities – I would like to believe that they meant every word they said – at least Ven Dhammaloka Thera and Bishop Duleep Chickera spoke very positively.

               Justice Visweswaran had a completely  different view of the whole matter – which had its merits too, but did not give us any practical advice or real solution!!!

              There will always be terrible people in this world. Lets act proactively and handle the matter initially at the local level without jumping the gun. What we actually need is legislation to stop such harassment – if such legislation is still not available.  A few cases of this nature will set the ground for such legislation in the future.

              With sincere hope that someone more knowledgeable would give saner advice.

              Faiz-ur Rahman