Re: Fw: Attack on Mosque - Kadawatha Road - Dehiwela

  • tuan jassim
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2008

      It is very sad that these things are happening, specially during the month of Ramadhan.
      This was the same story at John Keels Housing Scheme, Enderamulla, Wattala for a couple of years and that too during Ramadhan. May be Shaitans are becming HOT at the sight of devotion for Allah.

      But Masha Allah, today the story is quite different. A multi storied building stands proudly bearing the name board Madhrasathul Aiysha, which is a venue for free Quran classes and now they are conducting even Eid and Jummah Salah.

      The place is called Enderamulla, which is between Mahara Junction and Hendala Junction inWattala.The Madhrasa stands 300 meters from the main bus route 261, from Enderamulla.public cemetery. The building looks like a housing flat, and that itself is a strategy, in calming the nerves of extremists.

      No force was used, but every thing achieved with the co-operation and active participation of the people of the area, the clergy both Buddhist and Catholic, and the politician (famous Dutu Gemunu) at the opening ceremony. They not only blessed the effort, if that is the word I can use, but were happy to  be a part of the effort.

      This success story is particularly interesting because of the participation of dignitaries of other religions in the opening ceremony, and every Muslim who proposes to venture on similar projects can learn very important lessons from the persons who initiated this project.

      If our Dehiwala brothers or anyone aiming for such projects anywhere else are keen to find out how this was done, then they can visit the Madhrasa and get the details, from those who achieved it.

      I will give you one clue, for this peaceful achievement. We will never achieve anything by isolating ourselves from the rest of the society. We should not stand aloof, assuming that we have nothing in common with them. We should care for them as well, even though they may not share the same ideas and ideals of the Muslim society.

      Peliyagoda masjid on Negombo road is another success story, but with a different hue. So was the Jummah Masjid at Kegalle on the main road, I am told.
      I hope others will learn a lesson from the organizers of these successful projects.