Re: [SRI LANKA MUSLIMS] Mawanelle Widows

  • Imthiyaz M. Sulthan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2002

      ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM,

      ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS NEWS. BCOS I AM FROM MAWANELLA AND I KNOW ONLY ONE PERSON WAS KILLED DURING THAT RIOT ACTIVITY AND THE VICTIM WAS AN OLD PERSON.

      SO I AM SURE THAT THERE IS NO REASON THAT THE PREGNANCY IS INVOLVED IN THIS MATTER. PLS CLARIFY THIS MATTER WELL BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY STEPS FURTHER.

      REGARDS.

      IMTHIYAZ

      >From: Reffai
      >To: srilankamuslims@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SRI LANKA MUSLIMS] Mawanelle Widows
      >Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:43:10 +0600
      >
      >Assalamu alaikum.
      >There is much noise made about the Muslims murdered in Madawela, quite
      >rightly, may Allah bless those seeking justice for the injustice done to
      >these innocent Muslims. But can someone give us a detailed account of what
      >had been done to help their widows? We keep getting news that these widows,
      >some of them pregnant, and are in Iddah are finding it difficult to make
      >ends meet.
      >I feel this is an urgent matter we the Muslim community has to look into
      >and whatever help they are getting officially must be made public for
      >various obvious reasons.
      >Dr.Reffai/Al Muslimaath
      >At 04:18 PM 4/26/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      > >
      > >To access the archives of this group
      > >http://www.egroups.com/messages/srilankamuslims

    • Reffai
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2002
        Assalamu alaikum.
        Yes it was meant to be for Madawela. since I have been conversing for a long time about the mawanelle with some non Muslims I have typed Mawanelle by mistake. sorry..
        Meanwhile I have found out that some substantial money has been collected for these widows and they are in good hands but they have not distributed them yet. I have requested them to distribute them as soon as possible since the girls are in need of money  now specially the ones who are pregnant.
        Shall keep you all posted as soon as I hear ffom them.
        Dr.Reffai
        llAt 04:53 PM 5/5/2002 +0600, you wrote:
        Dear brothers in Islam,
        Assalaamu - alaikum.

        I think the original news is related to Madawela and not Mawanella although the subject says Mawanella. Please clarify this.
        Salaam.
        Muhd Muzzammil
        ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS NEWS. BCOS I AM FROM MAWANELLA AND I KNOW ONLY ONE PERSON WAS KILLED DURING THAT RIOT ACTIVITY AND THE VICTIM WAS AN OLD PERSON.

        SO I AM SURE THAT THERE IS NO REASON THAT THE PREGNANCY IS INVOLVED IN THIS MATTER. PLS CLARIFY THIS MATTER WELL BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY STEPS FURTHER.

        REGARDS.

        IMTHIYAZ

        >From: Reffai
        >To: srilankamuslims@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [SRI LANKA MUSLIMS] Mawanelle Widows
        >Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:43:10 +0600
        >
        >Assalamu alaikum.
        >There is much noise made about the Muslims murdered in Madawela, quite
        >rightly, may Allah bless those seeking justice for the injustice done to
        >these innocent Muslims. But can someone give us a detailed account of what
        >had been done to help their widows? We keep getting news that these widows,
        >some of them pregnant, and are in Iddah are finding it difficult to make
        >ends meet.
        >I feel this is an urgent matter we the Muslim community has to look into
        >and whatever help they are getting officially must be made public for
        >various obvious reasons.
        >Dr.Reffai/Al Muslimaath
        >At 04:18 PM 4/26/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        > >
        > >To access the archives of this group