Fw: tsunami releif still goes on

  • Dr. Reffai
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005

      Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:22 PM
      Subject: tsunami releif

      Assalamu alaikum,

      Alhamdulillah we went to Sammanthurai on the 10th of April and manage to
      settle some families with your funds. As we said this time we went to
      Maalikai Kaadu (east) and we worked there with the assistance of the Grama
      sevaka Mr. Aliyar.
      You gave us 64,500/- for self employment project

      we managed to settle 15 string hopper/ pittu making persons each costing
      2,000/-.
      Last time we did not have enough time to verify other employment projects.
      we spend 30,000/- and have 34,500/-  cash in hand.

      Insha Allah we will be going on the 6th of May, there is more requirements
      to be settled. Ii you have funds please let us know. The rquirements at the
      moment

           60 mat weaving ladies - they need at least 5,000/- each to start off.
      These are people selected
           by the area Gram sevaka.

           3 sewing machines

      Alhamdulillah we finished our five houses which we started and will be
      handed over on the 7th of May Insha Allah. Each cost 175,000/- . There is
      plenty of land available and many affected families who need houses. Any
      funders ?

      I am sending photo of one of the houses

      Salaams,
      Dr. Nasir Mauroof