Muslims Angered by Naming Dog "Jesus" by Sri Lanka News Paper. Fw: [SRI LANKA MUSLIMS] A Letter To The Sunday Leader

  • MSahib
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001

      To: Centre
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:21 AM
      Subject: [SRI LANKA MUSLIMS] A Letter To The Sunday Leader

      A Letter To The Sunday Leader.

      The Editor

      The Sunday Leader

      410/27, Baudhaloka Mawatha

      Colombo 7.

      Dear Sir,

      The prophet Jesus (peace be on him) is revered as a mighty messenger of God and as such holds a lofty place in Islam.

      So you can imagine our shock and sorrow when we read under “Tongue in Cheek” that a dog is named after him. This is an insult to this mighty messenger of God and as Muslims we kindly request you to refrain from ridiculing or insulting those held dear by us or any other religious group. We do not expect a prestigious newspaper like ‘The Sunday Leader’ to dabble in such religious profanity.

      A few months ago the identical joke, if it can be called that, appeared in the same column and we wrote you a letter to bring this to your notice. But to our disappointment it has appeared again!

      We kindly urge you to look into this matter and take action to ensure that you do not offend any religions by ridiculing its founders.

      Sincerely,

      Hameed Abdul Karim.

      President.

      To access the archives of this group